Buying at Sheppard’s Irish Auction House
How to Register
To bid in person or online, first, create an account with Sheppard’s. Your online account allows you to register in advance via our auction calendar.
The following requisite documents are required to verify your identity:
A copy of:
- Your passport or other government-issued photo ID; and
- Proof of your residential address (e.g. bank statement or a utility bill) dated within the last three months.
You can email your documents here
A copy of formal documents showing organisation’s
- Registered office and business address
- Shareholders and any ultimate beneficial owners
- Authorisation for the individuals allowed to bid on behalf of the organisation, plus a copy of the government-issued photo ID for each authorised individual.
You can email your corporate documents here
You may also be asked for a financial reference and/or a deposit as a condition of allowing you to bid.
How to Bid
Contact Client Services to register in advance and your photo ID and proof of residential address when collecting a bidder’s paddle before the auction begins.
Bid-Online with Sheppards Live
You can bid directly from anywhere in the world with online bidding. Enter the online saleroom before the start of the sale, or at any point during the sale. Just visit your online account and select ‘Join auction’.
We call you directly from the saleroom and bid on your behalf with the auctioneer. To register for a telephone bid, please contact Client Services.
Place an Absentee bid at least 2 hours before the sale and the Sheppard’s auctioneer will bid on the selected item on your behalf. If your bid is more than the seller’s minimum reserve, the auctioneer will try to win the item for you at the lowest price they can.
You can place an absentee bid via your online account, or, by calling Client Services now.
Please contact Client Services to bid on behalf of a company.
N.B.: Buyers are advised to always refer to the Conditions of Sale.